Submissions to Hagios PressGetting published: Thoughts About Small Presses (PDF)
- Hagios Press is a small literary press and does not read unsolicited manuscripts at any time.
- We do welcome queries by writers working in short-fiction (short story collections and novellas), non-fiction and poetry.
- Queries can be submitted by e-mail (see below) and by regular mail.
- We don't accept multiple submissions of queries or manuscripts.
- Queries should be no longer than two or three pages. Please make your queries concise and persuasive. We want to know why your manuscript is right for us.
- If a query is of interest to us we will ask to see a sample of the larger manuscript.
- If the sample manuscript is of interest to us we will then consider the full manuscript for publication.
- We will make all attempts to be timely in our responses to queries and other stages of our submission process.
- A listing of publications and literary achievements should be included with your query.
- We look forward to hearing from you.
Send Queries to:
Current Calls for Submissions:
Hagios Press is now welcoming submission of proposals for manuscripts of literary non-fiction. Hagios Press is asking for samples from book-length of literary nonfiction which could include personal essays, and memoirs. Hagios Press is interested literary non-fiction manuscripts covering a broad range of issues and themes.
Submissions will be accepted between May 1st and August 31st, 2012. A submission will consist of a manuscript sample of no more than twenty-five pages, a short synopsis of the book, and a literary resume. Manuscripts selected for publication will be between 45,000 and 55,000 words in length. Hagios Press will accept submissions by mail only. Submissions are open to all Canadian citizens.
Please send submissions to: Hagios Press, Literary Non-Fiction, Box 33024 Cathedral Post Office, Regina, SK S4T 7X2.
Notice: Hagios Press Strike Fire New Author Series Call Forthcoming in 2013
Hagios Press has will once again be looking for submissions in their Strike Fire New Author Series in 2013. Submissions will be welcome between May 1st and August 31st, 2013. Hagios Press is asking for samples from book-length collections of poetry, short fiction (short stories, novellas) and literary nonfiction. Submissions must be from writers who have not published a book, or who have published one book and are submitting a manuscript in a genre different than that of their first book. A submission will consist of a manuscript sample of no more than twenty-five pages, a short synopsis of the book, and a literary resume. Hagios Press will accept submissions by mail only. The Strike Fire New Author Series is open to all Canadian citizens meeting the publication criteria.